Elder Care Advocacy Services
Managing the care for an elder can be an overwhelming task for any family or individual. There are many stressful contributors such as family dynamics, financial pressures, legal issues, ever-changing medical needs, and a complex health care system. For many who already have busy lives, the sheer amount of work involved in the daily care alone can be overwhelming and lead to burn-out.
Care Solutions for Elders offers advocacy services to reduce the pressures and challenges of caring for an elder. Our professional RN staff has over 30 years of experience in Geriatric care and can help you navigate the complexities of care by offering oversight, management and support.
Elder Care Plan and the CAREs Model
After conducting a thorough in-house assessment to identify requirements, expectations and care preferences, we will develop a comprehensive guided care plan that is specific to your needs. Utilizing Care Solutions for Elders’ CAREs Model, our plan will focus on allowing the elder to remain in the least restrictive environment while balancing their ADL (Activity of Daily Living) functions with medical requirements. Our recommendations may include suggestions for home modification, purchase of home safety equipment, medical referrals, information regarding the cost of long-term care options, caregivers, local support, etc. While exploring the various care options we will work to ensure that the care plan runs parallel to your financial plan and will continually evaluate and adjust as necessary as the needs of your elder change over time. We work to create a plan that is clear, consisting of best safe practices that ensure the welfare and happiness of your elder and provide you piece of mind.
Elder Care Plan Services
As part of your guided care plan, Care Solutions for Elders can offer the following services:
- On-going Medical case management
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance to oversee the care of an elder for out-of town families.
- In-home personal care assistance
- Community-Based Care Transition Management - Assisting and coordinating with transition between home and a retirement community, assisted care facility, or nursing home
- Accompaniment to physician visits
- Coordination of health care services
- Coordination of transportation services
- Screening, arranging, and monitoring in-home help or other services
- Medical equipment and emergency response systems
- Visiting nurses, physical therapy or other
- Professional Documentation
- Care giver training
- Help with applications for benefits or entitlements
- Assistance with insurance paperwork
Each qualified RN Case Manager has extensive experience in all stages of elder care and can effectively interface with doctors, attorneys, trust officers and financial planners. We work to provide continuity of care and eliminate duplication of services by closely partnering with medical staff, discharge planners and other care services.
Our goal is to provide the safest and cost effective care planning to help elders remain in their homes as long as possible. We provide straight-forward information to help families make the best decisions for their loved ones as they age in place. Call Care Solutions for Elders today at 415-456-3439 to put clarity and control around the care for your elder.